Friday, September 12, 2008

funny work story

I was reading a funny story that Sue posted on her BLOG and it reminded me of something funny that happened the other day at work....
I work with a little boy with cerebral palsey (1st grade, but the size of a 4 year old - and the personality of a politician). The nurse pulls me aside because there is an issue with the bathroom  He can do #1 by himself, but was in the bathroom after #2 yelling HELP ME because he couldn't wipe himself.   I was asked to investigate this and see if anything could be done to help make him more independent.  So I sat down to chat with him and ask him why he couldn't wipe himself.  He looked at me as if I was stupid... "because I can't see my butt"  When I explained to him that no one could see their butts, he argued with me that he "is a boy".  I had to explain that girls, boys, grown ups or kids... NO ONE could see their butt.  Its a miracle.  He is now independent.  That college education is being put to good use. : )  Arlynn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so good...a story to be repeated forever!

arlynn said...

If you could have seen how serious he was... it makes it even funnier.