Friday, August 22, 2008

exchange student

Well, here we go again.... We took a 2 year break and we are jumping in with both feet once more.  We pick up our new exchange student Ellen (we keep having to clarify in our house... I spoke with Ellynn my sister or Ellen from Sweden) on Sunday.  Shaina keeps bouncing back and forth between very excited and preparation for jealousy.  She complains constantly about being an only child, but doesn't really like it when she has to share us.  
She still regularly asks for a sibling. "Why can't you adopt ?!!!!"  But she gets exchange students and midshipmen ... I'm sure she will appreciate the 18 year old boys in Navy uniforms more in a few years.  The young men we currently sponsor are a bit "curious" about the young Swedish girl coming.  Should be an interesting year.  Ar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've just learned from a friend in the UK that sometimes a swede looks like this

you'll have to post pictures so we(we meaning us faraway-in-Maine-ones) can see the difference.